Saturday, December 13, 2008
Here are some themes:
1. Fairytale or Disney Wedding
2. Luau or Hawaiian Wedding
3. Rock n' Roll Wedding
4. Garden Wedding
5. Sporty Wedding
6. Victorian or Classical Wedding
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
1. For You
2. When God Made You
3. The Gift
4. For All of my Life
5. Cherish the Treasure
6. Someone Like You
7. Butterfly Kisses
Will be updating this post from time to time... so stay tuned!
Saturday, November 29, 2008
Here are some color motif that might suit your taste!
It doesn't have to be fire engine red to be bold. Red in all it's forms is a color that makes a statement. If you are having a holiday wedding, the traditional Christmas or Valentine's red might be an economical choice, as your reception location may already have decorations using this color that you can "borrow" for you wedding.
If you prefer red in its subtler permutations, like burgundy, maroon and other deep red colors, an evening wedding or fall theme wedding would make these shades a natural. For coordinating colors, think of the shades of a sunset or brilliant autumn foliage - burnt orange, rust, maize. Silver is an excellent highlight, as are deep greens like hunter. These shades also compliment renaissance and medieval theme weddings.
Red is also a fantastic color for an Asian themed wedding, such as a Chinese theme wedding - particularly combined with gold and blue.
Blue, especially in it's midnight shades, is a very slimming color for bridesmaids. Sky blue is perfect for a spring wedding, especially an outdoor wedding, and goes beautifully with almost all shades of yellow and orange.
Blue is a very versatile color and can fit into almost any wedding theme, but it's almost a must for a beach theme wedding, especially combined with crisp whites and bright yellow.
Blue flowers are hard to find, but ask your florist about lisianthus - sometimes called the blue rose.
Green, ranging from crisp grassy shades to deep hunter colors, is versatile and can work with many wedding themes.
A spring wedding, using a green shade like celadon is lovely, and combines perfectly with other spring colors, especially shades of yellow. When thinking of what to combine with your greens, think of how nature uses green to fantastic advantage with almost every shade there is. Think tulips!
Yellow is another color that plays well with others. It's stunning with blues, greens and oranges, and can compliment a beach wedding, garden wedding, and spring, summer and fall affairs in all its hues. For an evening wedding, yellow can pick up the colors of the moon and stars in a pale hue combined with midnight blue.
Winter Theme Weddings
For winter theme weddings, snow white, platinum and cranberry look magical. Add touches of deep berry colors to your accessories and drape the bridesmaids in thick , dark red velvet shawls. Bouquets can be made with both white and red roses with sprigs of berry twigs and Swarovski crystal bouquet stems.
Try to stay clear of traditional Christmas colors - forest green, bright red and brass. Select colors that remind you of a winter's day.
Other colors that are reminiscent of winter:
- Aubergine or eggplant
- Evergreen grey-green
- Light rose
Select natural colors that compliment the sea such as taupe, silver and aqua. Bridesmaids can be dressed in aquamarine silk dresses with crystal and pearl chokers. Bouquets can be simple with curly willow, and vanilla roses.
Capture the feeling by using shells and sand in your centerpieces. Some other colors that work well for a beach them wedding:
- Buttercup yellow
- Sunset colors - rust, dark red, maze
While shiny, brassy golds are not in fashion, antiqued golds are. Antiqued, soft golds go well with creamy ivory and soft, dusted rose. A deep burgundy can be used as an accent. Look to traditional Indian wedding costume for inspiration. Embroidered golden thread with tiny pearls and crystals - there is nothing more elegant.
Classic silver and ice blue work well agains a pitch black canopy of stars.
Renaissance Weddings and Medieval Theme
If you are having a renaissance theme wedding, dark colors and thick fabrics work well. Perhaps a lavish brocade or velvet? Deep colors such as forest green, burgundy, royal blue and red work great for renaissance wedding themes.
Hawaiian or Tropical Theme
Navy blue with white and yellow floral accents look lovely. Choose tropical colors like aqua, blue and bright red. The colors mentioned above under "Beach Weddings" will also work well.
Asian Theme Weddings - Chinese, Japanese and Vietnamese Weddings
For Chinese or Vietnamese weddings, choose golds, reds and bright blues.
For a Japanese theme wedding, think utra-zen with stone grey, sage green and bark brown. Use the colors of seasonal orchids like hot purple and fuschia.
Thursday, November 27, 2008
In Choosing the wedding ring, both of you must agree on the design and the kind of materials to be used.
Monday, November 3, 2008
Thursday, October 16, 2008
When I was younger I always wonder how can a person say that he or she is decided to marry this particular person. I even questioned them as to how sure they really are that they won't break up after their wedding? These and many more moved me to look for answers.
Here's one article that i found very interesting.
How to Know If You are Marrying the Right PersonFinding Miss or Mr. Right is not always an easy thing to do. Once you think you've found the right person, you may have doubts. Having doubts about who you are marrying is not only normal, having doubts is healthy.
Hopefully you already know that you shouldn't marry someone who drinks too much, spends too much, works too much, brags too much, uses drugs or other illegal behavior, or is unfaithful, cruel, or dishonest.
If your future spouse is free of those destructive behaviors and you are still having doubts about getting married, read through these statements. You will see if your doubts are reasonable and worth paying attention to or if you are having cold feet about getting married without having any rational reasons.
Happiness and Emotional SupportAlthough expecting a spouse to make you feel happy all the time is unreasonable, being with the right person can bring happiness and a sense of personal strength to your life.
- You will know you are marrying the right person when you feel support and encouragement about your own growth both emotionally and intellectually. The right person will want you to be emotionally healthy and able to stand on your own two feet. When you are with the right person you will feel good about yourself, safe, and fulfilled.
Related: Being a Supportive Spouse
- The right person will not be negative, selfish, wishy washy, silent, embarrassing, critical, or a slob. Why spend your life with a jerk?
Related: Difficult People | Negativity in Your Relationship
Affection, Love, and SexIt is important that the person you marry is someone who is understanding and agreeable to your wants and needs when it comes to sex and affection.
- You will know you are marrying the right person if your future spouse says "I love you" not only in words spoken, but by loving actions. We define loving actions as doing things such as noticing when you are tired, remembering your birthday, wanting to spend time with you, listening to you, showing you respect, calling if you are running late, showing you affection, being patient with you if you don't understand something, kissing you hello and goodbye, and hugging you for no special reason.
Related: The Five Love Languages | Say I Love You | Where to Leave Love Notes
- You will know you are marrying the right person if you are sexually compatible with one another. If the two of you view sexual intimacy differently or have different libidos, your marriage relationship will suffer.
Related: Sex in Marriage
- The right person is someone who you like and who is your friend. The right person will enjoy spending time with you.Your love and your marriage will slowly fade if the two of you are not friends.
Related: Being Friends as Well as Lovers
- The right person is kind, considerate, and polite. Little things in life such as saying 'thank you' and holding a door open may seem old fashioned, but they do reflect the amount of caring and kindness in a person.
Communication, Goals, and ValuesYou and the right person will have similar goals and values in life.
- Having different likes and different opinions is okay as long as the two of you agree to disagree. Although you may not always agree with one another, conversations with the right person will be interesting and not boring. The right person will communicate thoughts and feelings with you and will not keep hurts and concerns bottled up inside.
Related: Communication Skills | Sharing Your Feelings
- Understanding that the only constant in life is change, the right person is willing to discuss marriage issues, questions, and topics with you both before and after you get married.
Related: Questions for Engaged Couples | Ten Most Important Questions to Discuss
- The right person will encourage you to make decisions to live a healthy lifestyle by eating healthier foods and getting exercise. The right person will want to work with you to balance your work and personal lives.
Related: Workaholism | Walking Together
- Feeling as if you are the only one picking things up around the house or taking care of the kids can get old. The right person is willing to share in the responsibilities of your home and future children.
Related: Dividing Household Chores
- Finding the right person doesn't mean that the two of you won't have difficulties or differences to deal with. However, with the right person you will know that the two of you will be able to work through the issues that could hurt your relationship. The way you handle disagreements and conflict shows psychologists more than what you fight about.
Related: Being Different | Handling Conflict in Your Marriage
Trust and HonestyThe right person is honest with you.
- The right person will trust you and not monitor your phone calls, or computer usage, or limit the amount of time you spend with others you care about. You will know you are marrying the right person if your future spouse does not try to isolate you from your family and friends. You not only need to belong to family, friends, groups, etc., you have the right to do so. The right person in your life will not try to control your life but will want to share a life with you. The wrong person will make you feel as if you have to walk on egg shells in order to keep peace in your home.
Related: How to Know if You Are Abusive | How to Know if You Are Being Abused | Teasing Guidelines
- You shouldn't have to defend wanting privacy or time alone. You will know you are marrying the right person when you are not questioned about your need for time alone or personal space.
Related: Time Alone
- The right person will trust you and not spy on you. Feeling as if you have to justify your every move will become a very heavy burden.
Related: Trust Issues
Red Flags in Your RelationshipIf you realize that there are red flags or problematic issues in your relationship, don't ignore them or delude yourself into thinking that the red flags aren't that important or that someone you love will change. It does take more than love to have a successful marriage.